For 4 people as an appetizer or cocktail piece.
Preparation time: 20 min + 30 min for marinating
Traditional Toast Skagen
200 g shrimp
150 g of mayonnaise
100g of crème fraîche
juice of 1 lemon
1 small red onion
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1.5 tablespoons fresh dill
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Melt the shrimps as instructed.
- Chop the red onion into small cubes.
- Stir in mayonnaise, crème fraîche, lemon juice, chopped red onion, mustard, dill, salt and shrimps. Allow to marinate for at least half an hour. Spread on top of oatballs and garnish with shrimp and dill, for example.
Vegan Toast Skagen
200 g piece of tofu, unflavoured
150 g of vegan mayonnaise
100 g oat fraiche (eg cheese gate)
3 spring onions
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1.5 teaspoons sugar
4 drops of Tabasco or to your liking
- Dry the tofu, for example, inside kitchen paper under a weight. Then cut into small cubes.
- Chop the spring onion. Grate the lime peel.
- Mix the tofu cubes, chopped spring onion, vegan mayonnaise, oat fraiche, lime juice and zest. Season with tabasco, sugar, chili powder and black pepper to taste. Cover the oatballs with paste and garnish with spring onion slices.